SIS: Clear Cache on Supported Browsers and Temp Files in Microsoft Windows
Clear Cache on Supported Browsers
Regularly deleting browsing history helps protect your privacy, and will help performance when using internet-based programs.
- Press Control + H on the keyboard, OR Click the 3-dot Menu in the upper-right corner of Chrome
- Select History > History
- Click Clear Browsing Data
- Click the Advanced tab
- In the Time Range, select All Time
- Select “Cached images and files" (and any other items you may want to clear)
- Click Clear data
- Press Control + H on the keyboard OR Click the Three Dots
- Select History
- Click the Three Dots on the History Window
- Select Clear Browsing Data
- Select All Time in the time range
- Select Cached images and files
- Click Clear Now
- Use Control + Shift + Delete or Open the Tools icon OR click the Gear Icon
- Choose Safety
- Choose Delete browsing history
- Select “Temporary Internet files and website files” and any other items you may want to delete
- Click Delete
- Click the Safari menu
- Click Preferences
- Click the Privacy tab
- Click “Manage Website Data”
- Click Remove All (recommended) OR highlight the CSIU Websites and click Remove
- Confirm by clicking Remove Now
Clear temporary files in Windows
Clearing windows temporary files will improve performance and assist with resolving cache and cookies issues in your browsers.
1. Go to the Windows Search Bar in the lower left corner of your screen and enter %temp%
2. Press the Enter Key to open the temp file folder
3. Press Ctrl + A to select all files
4. Press the Delete Key on your keyboard to delete the selected files or the Red X at the top of the window.
5. If you see a "File in Use" message select "Do this for all current items" and then click Skip to delete as many remaining files as possible.
Tip: Closing open applications like word, excel, browsers, etc. may allow you to delete more temp files.
Remember to keep your browser update by going into settings and viewing the "about" page to verify you are running the most recent version and for the optimal performance with the eSD software.